Friday, November 18, 2011

Should I at least try to get in shape first before I start taking Taekwondo?

I forgot to ask this in my last question.|||Tae-Kwon-Do will help to get you into shape. If you wait until your in shape to start then you may never start.


You don%26#039;t have to be a fit 21 year old to do martial arts. There are muscles that you will use in TKD that you don%26#039;t use everyday that will only be built in training. I would suggest that you start your classes and use it as part of your %26quot;getting in shape%26quot; plan.


Go to class. Have Fun while getting in shape!|||I would suggest at least being in a little better than average shape to start. More conditioning will come with the classes.


Good Luck|||don%26#039;t do taekwondo.i was in it and it ws really easy. not much of a work out. then i did karate........that was a lot better and u learn more. taekwondo are for wusses|||Yeah you should because if you don%26#039;t you%26#039;ll wish you did. but it%26#039;s worth it to do it.|||TKD is all about getting someone in shape and learning self defence. I have taking tkd and when I started, they told me to do my best and I did, after a few weeks I felt great.|||YES!|||you dont need to worry about gettting into shape before starting taekwondo because you will improve in fitness from starting. i wasnt in shape when i started i could hardly do sit ups now i am a black tag with a six pack(not trying to show off, seriously). so i wouldnt worry. also ignore milan because tkd is not for worses because i have nearly caused a few knockouts on men who are over a foot taller than me and a lot stronger than myself.|||Yes definitely... you%26#039;ll need to at least prepare for the vigorous work out your gonna get.|||Tae Kwon Do will get you in shape.


Karate is better.|||It%26#039;s probably a good idea.....when I first started taking it, I was very out of shape. They would make us warm up during the first part of class, and I would get so out of breath I would get dizzy and have to sit out. Definitely try doing cardio before you start.





Oh yeah, and don%26#039;t listen to that idiot %26quot;Milan%26quot;. Do whatever you want.|||Yes you should, you should do lots of cardio, endurance and speed helps a lot in taekwondo. However, if you dont get into shape the taekwondo will definitly put you into shape if you are dedicated and do try hard to learn it.





Remember also, less then 20% overall body fat for women is considered athletically fit. If you do taekwondo you will be an athelete, taekwondo is not just a fighting art its also a sport, it is the national sport of south korea.|||i don%26#039;t think you need to work out. my school divides the workout by belt rank. it might be easier when you%26#039;re starting out than those people who are, let%26#039;s say, a brown belt.|||yes. taekwondo makes you use your lungs a lot. you will be out of breath if you are not in some sort of shape (and I don%26#039;t mean round). you should maybe walk or run for about two to four weeks so that you are able to keep up





good luck|||Nah TKD is for kid, out of shape people, and people who can%26#039;t fight.|||yes it is preety intense i did for years and first couple classes are simple but after that you better be in shape!|||It wouldn%26#039;t hurt... but if you select a good school, you will get a work out anyways... and that%26#039;ll get you in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment