Saturday, November 14, 2009

TaeKwonDo?

I am in TaeKwonDo. I really don%26#039;t like going at all. I am a red belt and I am two belts away from black belt. I am really not wanting to go anymore. I have been going there for a year and a half and I just want something new. It has gotten me into really good shape. I don%26#039;t want to quit because of the working out. I want to quit because its just not fun anymore. I am feeling a lot of pressure on this, my dad will call the school and tell them I am quitting. It would be a huge suprise because I have not shown any signs that I want to quit. But I do! If you need more details please ask and then edit your question. This is a tough decision! Please help! No stupid answers please! Thanks in advance!|||I know how you feel I was in Taekwondo. I was a bluestripe and I really wanted to quit. I also wanted that black belt. You could follow my footsteps and quit. I would if i were you because and after school activity should be fun. It shouldn%26#039;t be a dread.|||wow you got ur red for about a year damn thats fast i bet u suck too LOL some school u went to. The school i went to man we always get 1st places and everybody ended going to national league of tae kwon do. O YEAH to all those people say tae kwon do sucks is cause you dont train hard enough and all you think is getting your belt fast and that makes yall petty. Yall make tae kwon do look bad. It usually takes about 8-10 years to get to red or black belt. If yall dont believe me than step into ring with us and see who school is better in tae kwon do|||You sound tired, take a break and see how you feel, inidentally I feel exactly the same not making the grade okay they want me to improve but the old tape is playing in my head. Suppose its a matter of mental toughness, good luck with what ever you choose to do|||i have been in TKD a long time-and yes through the coloured belt stages there were times i felt like calling it a day-but i stuck it out and now i hold 3rd dan. i use my TKD for street self defence only (i leave the competitions to those better suited for it) and i am happy to say it worked for me on more than one occasion. the most important thing is how you approach your art and it%26#039;s training. TKD was one of the most devastating fighting styles in the world before the olympic committee got their hands on it (in my time i have known TKD practitioners kick with an impact pressure of over 1200 pounds per square inch!!-i care not for your style or ability-get hit with that and you ain%26#039;t getting back up in a hurry!!). so persevere-you have got this far-don%26#039;t let a few negative comments and doubts stop you now.|||It%26#039;s just like school, even if you really hate school you will be glad that you stuck through it and finished it. It makes life alot easyer to have a degree and you already did so much





Even though grade doesnt really effect your skill, who knows, you may want to teach one day and the more qualifications the better. Also putting down that you have a black belt means alot to employers, they can see that you had the will to stick it out and complete something quite hard





I recon finish it|||Well, the decision is ultimately yours of course and no one should tell you what to do, but here%26#039;s the thing, quitting isn鈥檛 much of a character builder and it is something that you may regret someday.





Look at it this way, I have never heard anyone look back at their youth and say, %26quot;Man! I really regret sticking it until I reached my goal?%26quot; whatever that goal may have been or whatever it cost. I know people that studied Martial Arts in High school with me a quite and I always hear things like, %26quot;Man! I should have stuck it out!%26quot; or %26quot;I wish I hadn鈥檛 quite.%26quot; So the question is, do you want to achieve your goal or risk looking back and lamenting at how close you came. It%26#039;s the difference between %26quot;I AM%26quot; and %26quot;I MIGHT HAVE BEEN.%26quot; Personally, I would choose to be the I AM. But that%26#039;s just me.





From anther point of view, In TKD, the black belt means you know the basics. If you quite before black belt and some day decide to pick it up again (or start another martial art) you will be seen as someone who doesn%26#039;t know the basics. You might need to start from the very beginning. On the other hand, if you get certified as a Black Belt, should you come upon a school you like in the future, they may make you start as a white belt, but if you are a certified Black Belt, they will most likely advance you a little faster since you will most likely know most of the basics already.





So, aside from the feeling of accomplishment, the work out and the possible usefulness of the certification in the future you have the possibility or regret should you not get your black belt. And just to add to that little list, many people get frustrated with their style just about this time in their martial arts career. It seams more like work then fun and the idea of quitting is normal. However, for those that stick to it and earn their black belt, they often find that the fun returns and they are having more fun then ever before. If not, you still have the satisfaction of knowing your are NOT a quitter. I know a lot of people are probably saying, Go ahead, quite if you like. But the question you really need to ask yourself is, do you want to be like every other person out there and quit or do you want to be something special and stick to it. If you made it this far, I KNOW you can make it to black belt.





Best wishes!





I hope this helps.|||then quit if u want. tae kwon do isnt the only workout u can get. if u dont like it then find another workout routine. theres plenty that work just as well and even better than tae kwon do|||i had the same problem so i quit





you should figure out what it is about it you dont like maybe its something that can change? staying fit and healthy is cool and doing martial arts is a great conversation starter at social events lol|||I do Tang soo do, which is another korean martial arts. It is based more on self defence and not so much on competition. It is a lot more enjoyable because there is less pressure on sport and more focus on self development so you can work at your own pace. In my club WTSDA the people are friendly and supportive and that is why i still go, i reached my black belt 2 and half years ago. My two sons and daughter both go and my eldest son is 13 and has just reached his black belt. I would recommend it to anyone!|||I quit when i was black tag and even tho it seemed a good idea i do regret not taking my black belt grade. Just to say i had done it. But then if its really getting you down you should quit as it still needs to be fun! :)|||You know what.. that stuff dont even work.. my younger brother got up to a red belt and man he couldnt fight until he switched to Ninja Ru.. now 14 years later he%26#039;s a 2 time world champion and a instructor 4 degree black belt in Ninja Ru and only 18 years old.. Mad trophies at home..|||take a break- your probably just gettin burnt out|||I wanted to quit once too. I was a blue belt, four away from black, and i was bored. i wanted to quit. but i didnt, and i%26#039;m SO glad I didnt because now it%26#039;s the most enjoyable thing in my day, i absolutely LOVE it now. right about brown belt, thats when it starts getting awesome. everyone goes through that stage, you%26#039;ll get over it.|||If you really despise going every day, QUIT. I used to be on a swim team, and I used to really like it, but after 2 years I started to hate it. I hung on for another 2 years, but then I decided that enough was enough. Seriously, one of the best decisions of my life. I%26#039;m so glad I left. If/ when you leave, you WILL find something better. Lolo is right- going to an after-school activity shouldn%26#039;t be something you dread.|||I too go to a 9th degree Grandmaster%26#039;s school. I%26#039;m a yellow belt (hopefully about to be a green belt after testing this weekend) and I absolutely love it. But you%26#039;ve obviously been going for a while and it%26#039;s probably getting boring to you. The same old people, the same old moves... Blah, blah, blah- right? You just need to get back into the swing of things again. Ask yourself, why did I join TKD in the first place? Why did I enjoy it? How can I make these classes more interesting?


I%26#039;m sure you%26#039;ll find your motivation again soon. Good luck!|||maybe its just tjhat TKD school quit that one and join another maybe it will be moer fun

No comments:

Post a Comment