Thursday, November 12, 2009

What is the average rate or salary of a taekwondo instructor?

any idea? i%26#039;m planning to hire one. what are the usual terms between the studio owner and the instructor?|||Great answer above, When I was teaching I had two arrangements with my employers. First was my master, in which I taught and did not have to pay tutition, which was a good deal. And secondly I taught for my masters good friend for $6.00/hr. or $6 a night (one class an hour long a night). This just covered my gas out to the studio in which I teached.





When I plan to %26#039;hire%26#039; and instructor (personally I like the idea of having my students teach because I know excatly what it is that they are teaching), I plan to have it on a base commision pay dependent on the students in the class in which they teach. This is rewarding enough to have a good instructor stay and teach. It encourages them to drive business to your school, and builds a partnership between employer and employee.


Hope this helps.|||Why don%26#039;t you work out a payment plan that is commission based? If you are hiring an experienced instructor, he would be able to advise what is the market rate.





You do your own research and find out the market rate of TKD classes in your area. Then find out the time/rent/opportunity cost of the TKD class and work out the commission. That way he/she is motivated to bring in the numbers as compared to just a fixed salary.|||you can get one that cant fight for cheap.


YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!|||It really depends. I was hired as a TKD instructor and basically got paid peanuts.... Some instructors get a base pay, (for example 250 monthly) and a percentage of the student tuition.





This helps keep the instructor motivated to get more students.





Others believe that they should get paid about $10 an hour, which basically means around $10 per class taught.





You might want to mix that up and have the instructor get paid $8 per class and a percentage of the student tuition...

No comments:

Post a Comment