Thursday, November 12, 2009

How can I calm my nerves before a TaeKwonDo competition?

Tomorrow I am competing perfoming a poomsae. It is my first time competing. So far I am feeling good about it. I have practiced my form and I know it by heart. But I am worried I might get nervous tomorrow morning. Can you give me some tips to calm myself? I heard drinking water with sugar was good. Does it work?


Thanks!|||imagine everyone is naked?... I would forget everything i have learned, and drool on myself... TKD girls are hot :).... but anyway, just relax... think of it as more of a social event than a competition.... make new friends ... if you stick with it you will have new friends all over the country... and as you progress, the competetive aspect will become more important to you, nothing to be nervous about... have fun and enjoy|||I used to love to listen to music and warm up with someone or just alone. It helped keep me focused and on my toes.





It can often be along time between matches so prepare unless you are YOUNG and LOW rank to go later in the day. usually Kids are done first then adults.





So have something to relax on, something to listen too, eat only good foods that will not cause you problems in the match.





Ive never heard of water with sugar so I do not know.





you can even use meditation and get yourself in a zone too.





It really depends on what relaxes you normally!!





good luck with your match, think positive and you will do positive!|||a good nights sleep and breathing techniques and imaging everone in the audience is naked that will stop you feeling embrassed lol, and good luck hope you make it far. My cousin whos 11 is 3rd in the uk and ist in bg for his age group (hes 11) and he%26#039;s going to ohio next year to represent GB so if he%26#039;s prove dreams come true!!! xxx|||i would meditate it always calms me down before an important event!

No comments:

Post a Comment