Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm 13 and scrawny, not flexible at all. Is it too late to start taekwondo?

I%26#039;m weak, thin, scrawny, 13 and can barely reach my ankles when i bend over. Is it too late for me to start taekwondo?|||Like I said before, your never too old do to anything.


At my tkd school, we have a guy who is over 60 and is a black belt. He only started when he was about 57. :]





Being scrawny and not flexible has nothing to do with it, either. Unless your into trying to kick to the face, then you%26#039;ll need to build up flexibility, but until then, dont worry about it.|||No you are not to old. You are still very young in the karate and MMA worlds. Flexibility will come with time and your abilities will approve with hard work and dedication. And no joke, if you see younger kids who are better than you dont get intimidated.|||No. You will gain strength as you get older. True self defense is not about grappling, or kicks anyway. It%26#039;s about defending yourself. True self defense mean there are no rules and gauging the eyes, biting, and hitting the throat is legal. You need speed and the element of surprise more than strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment