Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm about to start taekwondo classes and I want to know what they're like?

I just want to know how many times a week classes are, how much they cost, what materials you need. That kind of thing|||price - depends, usually start off with a %26quot;trial price%26quot;





amount of days per week - depends on how many days you signed up





materials - at first you pay for uniform and belt, then later you pay for other belts, sparring gear, weapons, seminars, and tournaments if you join the





it works mostly on legs, great cardio|||I started TKD in Feb this year, and absoutly love it. It all depends on where you train as to how much it costs and how many training sessions are recomended per week. Where I train they recoment 2 sessions per week. I am currently a Yellow belt 3, and am going for Blue 1, I now train 4 times a week: 2 regular sessions, Fight class and Poomse (pattern) training. I am entering the State Championships later this month.


Just look around for a club that suits you. remember that there are 2 different styles of TKD: ITF(Internationl Taekwondo Federation) and WTF(World Taekwondo Federation). WTF is from South Korea, ITF is from North Korea.


WTF is the style that compete at the Olympics! and is what I do and absoutly LOVE it!!|||mine is 4 times a week, it%26#039;s an adult class, so go as you please


most people go only twice a week to show that they have a life...and I do that too....


well...mine costs about $850 a year or when you get to a certain belt level....this is one stage


so basically to go all the way to a black belt there are three stages for me...so the price total would be $850 X 3


and when I got to the yellow belt, i had to purchase sparring equipment, don%26#039;t worry...the instructor must sell them...they include hand gear, foot gear, helmet, shin guard, mouth guard, and a cup


basically the uniform should be a gift to you when you first signed up for the first stage...


to be a black belt, most people take 2-3 years, depending on how fast you learn


personally, I think my classes are to expensive, but i already gone through one stage, so i must as well finish all the way to black belt....


the first while is quite fun, but then it gets boring and repetitive after a while...then it gets interesting again cause when you hit a level, you%26#039;re gonna learn more advanced stuff...


oh, ya, the best part of the martial arts is sparring, it is where you actually combat with your classmates and have fun...





well...good luck and have fun


i think that%26#039;s all the information you need|||they are very good for you. they help with your flexability, indurance, and disapline! and its fun!|||You can go like 2-3 x a week, that should be fine for you if you don%26#039;t have much time.|||its cool if you like kicks.i think its cool.|||HEy thats kool.....its fun actually and i m learning it too just to keep althletic fit.





I make it thrice a week...........a good coach wil tell u about the required materials and I am learning it from my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment