Monday, May 17, 2010

驴 What do i have in yellow belt exam in taekwondo?

next week i have the my first taekwondo exam in yellow belt... what positions , punches , kick, pumses will the teacher ask me? will it be difficult?





please help!|||It depends on where you go, but generally, you%26#039;ll go over everything you have already learned.





At my yellow belt grading, there were also some white belts, so I had to go over my white belt self-defense (I got to partner up with one since I was the lowest belt aside from them) and was expected to remember my former training.





I don%26#039;t know if that happens at where you train, but it%26#039;s good to remember your stuff from previous belts! When I got to blue belt, I attended not only my classes, but the lower belt classes just to make sure I did not forget anything ;]





You%26#039;ll also go over your patterns (You%26#039;ll most certainly be doing the pattern you learned for yellow belt as well as the one you learned prior to it). You will go over your self-defense with a partner, and you%26#039;ll probably do some rolls and falls. If your studio does it, you%26#039;ll do some non-contact sparring if you practiced that already.





If they%26#039;ve informed you of such, you%26#039;ll do board breaking as well.





Pretty much, it%26#039;ll be everything you already learned in class.





Try to stay calm, and get there ten minutes early in case you need to do some last minute reviewing. Be sure to meditate beforehand and clear your mind! It%26#039;ll really help. Stretch a bit on your own, since I find that always helps me (:





Best of luck with your grading!|||If you don,t wear yellowbelt you wouldn,t have a exam|||Depending on the instructor. Most instructors have some simple korean terminology to memorize like counting 1-10, and your first form.|||The first thing to do is to relax and stay calm by breathing.


Usually the test consist of warmup, strecthes, blocks, kicks and punches. in some cases u will do one step sparring and then Taegeuk one. depending on your school. and the forms you%26#039;ve learned; You will not get anything on the test that you haven%26#039;t been taught. so practice everything you%26#039;ve learned so far.


This r things the masters look for in a test.


Clean uniform


Kihap (inner strength yell)


sharpness, strength and smoothness of form


Always always Kihap with every kick, punch or block


and practice your form as much as you can. this will improve your techniques. When you do your form breath in and out with every step.


Good luck|||If you have to ask here you are probably not ready to test. You should be aware of everything required to advance in your school%26#039;s curriculum.|||No one can answer these questions, because it varies from school to school. One might want you to just do some basic punches and kicks, while another might want you to learn to spin on your head. Better to just try your hardest to learn at school.|||I%26#039;ve just got my yellow belt. Looking at the other answers so far and from chat with others I see that each school has different grading criteria. However, the thing to remember is, assuming you are attending a decent school, your sabumnim would not suggest or allow you to attempt the grading exam unless they feel you have a good chance af gaining that belt. Ask your teacher if THEY feel you are ready and trust their judgement. Give it your comittment and your best shot - you%26#039;ll get it.


Best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment