Saturday, May 15, 2010

Is it safe to wear contacts at taekwondo, or any martial arts?

my mom says i cant, but i dont see the difference between wearing contacts to tennis(which ive been doing), and tkd. please tell me why it is , or isnt safe.|||I prefer to wear my contacts in my karate classes. It%26#039;s better than wearing glasses (which may get damaged) or training %26quot;blind%26quot;.





Contacts are safer. Glasses can break and going without corrective lenses can result in an injury to you or your partner.|||I have worn my contacts through PE classes, workout sessions and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and I have been fine. The only time the contact has ever come out is when it wasn%26#039;t properly inserted in the first place( you can feel it irrating you etc...)





You should be fine. If you%26#039;re worried then bring solution in a backpack. Besides it would be a lot more trouble for you to wear glasses while you%26#039;re doing fighting moves. |||Five years of TKD and I wore contacts almost every day. If you take a shot to the face they can roll back under your eyelid, or maybe get blinked out if you sweat a lot. Between the two scenarios, there have been four instances.





I did have one get torn by a guys toenail when he kicked me in the face, but that was a very odd occurence when we were goofing around.





Best of luck to you.|||Dude I go full contact sparring and bjj grappling and I%26#039;m fine, just close your eyes if someones arm is rubbing against them. After all you can feel your opponent you can afford to not see them for a second, if one goes lose it%26#039;ll distract you so protect them a little bit. Mine have never bothered me though not once.|||Not wearing them would probably be more dangerous. It%26#039;s gonna be pretty hard to fight if you can%26#039;t see. There is absolutely no reason you can%26#039;t wear contacts during TKD. It%26#039;s not like they%26#039;re going to be practicing eye gouges on you.|||i think it is especialy if its se jong tae kwon do which i am in and is no contact

No comments:

Post a Comment