Friday, May 21, 2010

Which is best in ur opinion judo, karate, taekwondo, jujitsu, or kung fu?

hi, my college is ofering judo, karate, taekwondo, jujitsu and kung fu. the truth is that i want to try them all, but dont really know the driffrence between them, i know that jujitsu and judu are really close and touchy and that kinda seperates them from the rest. which do u think is most fun, useful in real life, hardest, easyest, or just better for any reason. thanx|||i think none of this is the most lethal form of art...


the best is farting...


learn it n try practising it...


just a single fart is enough to keep ur enemies miles away from u...


so go on farting!!!!|||In real life most people DONT know how to fight so it makes easier to knock em out on their feet quick so Id take Kung Fu or Karate over Jujitsu anyday. Jujitsu is not necessary. Its only useful for fighting a wrestler and thats 1% of the case. Tae Kwon Do has a poor defense system. Report Abuse
|||it depends on your body type for example if your really strong in your upper body then i would suggest Judo,and Jiu Jitsu, also karate depending on what sub-style, but if your stronger in your legs and not that great with your arms I%26#039;d say Karate and TaeKwonDo would suit you, if your strong in both then a majority of Kung Fu styles would appeal. best thing for you would be to try all of them and then decide which one you like|||I am a practicing Karate 4th Dan In Goju-Ryu,but must admit for actual combat and defense Krav Maga is the best all around martial art I have ever trained in I have been around all most the world in the military,and have seen some amazing Martial Artist.|||Judo - Good for grappling and some striking defence however many schools overemphasize sport training as opposed to real-world training





Karate - Depends on the style really, some are horrible, some are great. Check it out for yourself.





TaeKwonDo - Mainly uses feet. Many school overemphasize sport training more than any other style. Again like karate it depends on the style.





JiuJitsu - Generally pretty good but again it depends on the school and style. Most schools do both grappling and striking.





KungFu - is a word generally used to describe a segment of Chinese martial arts. The northern styles tend to emphasize hard, direct movements, while the southern styles are more internal and deal more with flow. Some good styles are WingChun, HungGar, northern long fist, mantis (southern and northern). But there are VERY MANY KungFu styles.





We need more detailed info on specifically which styles of these martial arts they are before we can help any further.|||In answer to your question none of them are better than the others, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. What makes a style good is the instructor you have, how it is trained, and how much you put into it. It is unrealistic for me to explain all the differances, because especially with karate and kung fu, you have numerous sub styles that people lump under karate and kung fu.


For example Karate. There are three main branches. The original Okinawin, The Japanese styles that developed from the Okinawin styles, and the Hybred American Styles. The Okinawin styles tend to be less flashy, and have more realistic self defense oriented motions. The Japanese styles focus more on the sporting aspect, but if taught right can serve very well for self defense. The American styles are generally a hybred, and run the range from very good to p*** poor. So then we get into even finer detail. Most Okinawin styles have similarities but also differ. Some stress hand techniques more than feet. Some are considered hard and others soft, and some are a blend of the two. Some focus more on closed hand strikes and others on open hand strikes. If you can find out the actual style of karate, kung fu, etc and ask about them, chances are you will get a much more specific answer.


All of the Martial Arts you mention can be very effective if taught and trained correctly, which means with contact and realistic training. Your body type might lend itself better to one than the other. Many will tell you one over the other because of what they train. I only use karate because it is what I am most familiar with. I feel it is no better than any other style mentioned, just what I am most familiar with. Feel free to E-mail me and maybe I can get more in depth.





Edit: Jerry L and Joey are both missing the point, as well as enough experiance to trash other styles.|||In my opinion, it%26#039;s all good. choose. Martial arts have a long history, the bad styles have been abandoned by time.





I personally love kung-fu the most, and there is a video support my choice:


http://www.wushuing.com/2008/03/shaolin-...|||take judo|||Wu shu is best. Some mistakenly call it kung fu or gung fu. In Chinese, wu means martial, military, or war, and shu means arts or skills. Kung means work, and fu means master. Technically, one achieves kung fu in any field, e.g. an emperor%26#039;s chef achieved it in cooking, and I did in painting. All the moves in karate and in tae kwan do are found in various wu shu styles, and wu shu has much more not in these japanese and Korean styles too. Jiu jitsu is an older grappling style that is less efficient than striking styles mentioned. Judo is a more modern style derived from jiu jitsu.|||How can you see Ju-Jitsu and Kung Fu are not affective. Have you never seen Bruce Lee Joey. Also, how can you say Tae-kwondo is affective when they don%26#039;t even allow head shots in sparring? I do Ju-Jitsu and it is a realy dynamic art which is centuries old but has broken free of tradition. These days it is really affective for street self defence. So do Ju-Jitsu and Karate that way you get the striking and grappling abilities and will make you a more rounded martial artist. Sport Taekwondo is a waist of time but if taught properly it is truly awesome.|||take jujitsu and taekwondo, but you should really get into Jeet kune do im telling u you can become somthing like bruce lee|||I%26#039;ve tried both taekwondo and karate, I%26#039;ve found karate the best. It was straight forward with it%26#039;s structure, katas, weaponry, fighting etc with no forced emphasis on competitions and rushing you to grade (well the style I do only grades once a year).





I found with taekwondo, there was a BIG push for competition, and if you didn%26#039;t want to compete, you weren%26#039;t really included in classes. Also they incorporate a lot of flashy and non-useful techniques. Basically I found self defence wise, karate is a lot more superior.





But that is my own opionion and what I%26#039;ve learnt at the club I%26#039;m at. They concentrate a lot on street self defence when we%26#039;re not preparing for a grading. Everything is the basic of basics and the most effective techniques with next to no effort or time needed.|||I鈥檓 not an expert, but in my opinion karate is a laugh, good thing to get in to... competitions etc. But if you want to learn how to protect yourself you should pick jujitsu.|||The %26quot;what%26#039;s best%26quot; question always leads to the answer %26quot;best for what?%26quot;. If you want to learn defense, Judo and Jujitsu will be most useful soonest. The others are useful, too, but take longer to learn enough to be effective.





As for what%26#039;s most fun, that depends on what you like to do. For me, I would love Judo. You spend most of your time actively practicing your art with a partner--you%26#039;re either throwing or being thrown--and the tournaments are a hoot. If you%26#039;re interested in unique and interesting body movements, take the Kung Fu (you%26#039;ll be amazed at what your body can do). I%26#039;m not personally fond of Karate, as I found the standing in line practicing punching and kicking the air to be boring, and I didn%26#039;t much care for kumite sparring. You however, might love it, as many of my friends have. Tae Kwon Do is very athletic, and you will learn to jump as you%26#039;ve never jumped before, plus you%26#039;ll acquire great foot speed. However, the same issues I found in Karate are also present in this art.





In the end, it%26#039;s really a matter of what appeals to you personally. Why don%26#039;t you try sitting in on a class or two of each, talk to some of the students and instructor(s), and see what you like? That way you can make an informed choice instead of relying on our (biased) opinions.





Good luck and enjoy!|||it depend on the master nd the style you have to give more information , each one is good|||All martial arts are good , there is no %26quot;best%26quot;style of fighting , it all depend of how you practicing . If you take training seriously , and try to develop skill in a way that you may use the techniqyes in a real life situation , then, is no mater what you train, everything will work for you. In other words, the Individual will make the the style %26quot;good%26quot; or work for him - not, which is the best style of martial arts.A particular style of martial arts will be useless if the practitioner is not fit, flexible and skilled.|||judo but they are all tae kwon do and others are good but take a long time to develop your fighting skills in those arts in judo you can develop very fast.|||Hi!!....I do karate and in my opinion it%26#039;s the best martial art in the world!!...next year I%26#039;ll become black belt!!I%26#039;m looking forward to become black belt!!


sorry if I have made mistakes but I%26#039;m italian and I%26#039;m not very good in English...please correct me if I%26#039;ve made a mistake..


good evening from Milan!!|||jujitsu and king fu arent that practical.


karate and tae kwon do are okay, but not great. the main difference between them is those two is that tae kwon do is more a kicking martial art then karate.





but all of them have things about them that are pointless and dont make sense for real fighting situations.|||MuayThai|||I do Karate, am 14 and have a brown belt, one black stripe (2 more belts til black!) I%26#039;ve done it for 5 years. I can sweep people on the floor, wind adults, sweep ADULTS on the floor and deffinitely know how to defend myself! My answer: DO KARATE! I know a person with a black belt in Tae-KwonDoe, she%26#039;s rubbish! I could take her down when I was an Orange belt! (she wasn%26#039;t too happy! and ny the way, that%26#039;s only the third belt in Karate!) It%26#039;s really fun. I would never give it up! As for Juditsu and Kungfu, I wouldn%26#039;t know. I%26#039;ve never done them, although once I get my black belt, I%26#039;m hoping to move on to Juditsu!

No comments:

Post a Comment