Saturday, May 15, 2010

What TaeKwonDo Studio in the Flower Mound/Highland Village area would you tell a 13 year-old to go to?

I am currently a purple belt (I have been going to WinKids and the belts are WAY diffrent). I have been on the demo team for 1 and a half years out of my 7 years of being there, and the reason I am moving is because I HATE my new coach. My old coach didn%26#039;t make us practice our form 50 million times and do nothing for the rest of class. My parents have remarked on how diffrent we act when he is around, and when other coaches are with us. My coach is pregnant with her second child, and I don%26#039;t want to be alone with my new coach. He REALLY scares me. I am currently checking places like Highland Village TaeKwonDo of America, but I want to do Judo(throwing) instead of TaeKwonDo(sparring). My parents agree with me that I may go to a diffrent place as long as it does not cost a fortune to be in the tournaments, be belt tested, or our gear. At HVTKD, I can test ahead of time and be a brown, then a black. I need any suggestions, and the price for classes and website with the answer please.|||here are a few, i don%26#039;t know where they are in relation to you, but here are a few suggestions.





i%26#039;m guessing that this may be Taekwondo America style, have you thought about ITF or WTF styles??





I train in WTF style, it is great fun, and if you want sparring, WTF style is the Olympic event.





Good luck with what ever you choose.|||i recommend taking kickboxing and boxing. buy some ufc style gloves and get a group of friends and have competions. PRACTICE makes perfect. tkd its self is a weak martial art. by some focus mitts, thai pads watch k1, try learning from different source (videos books, instrustors), 9 out 10 instructors would prolly get beat down in a street fight . to be a complete fighter learn all the aspects of fighting ground and stand up. try wrestling, jujitsu and kickboxing, work the elbows knees headbutts %26quot;dirty boxing works well%26quot; natural talent helps. believe me if you know how to fight in all aspects it will boost your confidence and you will in what ever style competion you decide to fight in.|||Dont know, but HI!!!


im a longhorn too and i live around there!!


RMC|||Chris M. a person who trained in ITF Tae Kwon Do can defend himself in a fight. Every martial art is effective in a fight. A true martial artist does not insult another martial art.|||The good thing is that most martial arts studios offer free introductory lessons.





If you have several in your area to choose from , you may spend some time trying all of their free intro classes until you find a style / instructor you are comfortable with.





Remember , there are no bad styles , but their are bad instructors , so don%26#039;t let your oppinion of an instructor sway you away from any particular martial art.





If you want to do Judo , you should definiitely do Judo.





I am a Tae Kwon Do instructor.|||By the sounds of it, you just want good training from anywhere that is not a McDojo or black belt factory that is simply after your money.





I would suggest you look into any martial art school regardless of the style they teach. Keep an open mind by not limiting yourself to particular styles and look for a good instructor.





Just remember belts don%26#039;t mean as much as you think. You may have to start over in belt ranks, because belts usually do not transfer over from one discipline to an other.





With that said, you may want to give Judo a shot just like you said you wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment